Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced all the oil injection lines in my 1995 Yamaha Waverunner 3 with a 700 2 cylinder. I was wondering what the oil injection should look like when looking into the carb at full throttle? On mine it is just trickling down the sides of the carb, is this correct or should it be a spray? I was worried so I have been adding premix along with the oil injection to be safe, rather replace spark plugs than rebuild a motor! smokes like a chimney at idle using both and have had to hot swap sparkplugs on the lake due to fouling. I know it obviously getting some oil from the injection system, just not sure if it is adequate. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't have oil injectors ... long since converted by previous owner. Just a wild and crazy thought here. Make an accurate accounting for the amount of oil used to the amount of gas used ,,, and do the math. Kinda like writing down the mileage reading and gas pumped into your vehicle at the pumps to see the real world MPG on your favorite car/truck/motorcycle...
Would not expect a totally accurate count but may ease your mind a bit in the future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts