Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 770 that has 135 psi in the front cylinder and 90 psi in the rear. Decided to remove the cylinder to check out the problem. When I pulled the head I found that the head gasket had been leaking into the rear cylinder. Both cylinder walls look fine but I can't get a good look at the pistons. So I tried to pull the cylinder but couldn't get it to break free from the crackcase. Really want to check the pistons and rings before I put it back together. So here are my questions:
1) Would the head gasket leak lead to 90 psi and if so, then I would only need to replace gasket and then be ready to go??
2) I removed the exhaust and the 4 nuts and 1 bolt that hold the cylinder to the crankcase....is this something I'm missing? Do I need to pull the motor from the ski for some reason?? I tried tapping the cylinder with a rubber mallet and also tried prying under the flange near the front of the head. Any tips to getting the cylinder off??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took me awhile but I figured it out. There is a nut behind the starter that needs to come off before you can take cylinder off. Found that piston and cylinders are in good shape so I'm going to hone the cylinders and replace rings and gaskets. Then I should be set to jet!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts