Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 900ZXi changed sound yesterday?:update:

Hi im new to this site and this year i bought a 1996 ZXi 900 w/ a trailer for 700 bucks(my neighbors love me :thumbsup:) when i got it this year it was loud... and when it idled it would seem kinda klunking...when driving it it sounded like a a very loud growling cat lol....but yest when i had it out for the 5th time this year the tone changed. Its now very quiet and it still has all the power it did before...its almost like its a totaly diff motor:confused: it idles alot calmer and does not show any signs of being broken...i was told the year before last it was not run and last year i took it out like 3 times... what happened, did i get all the junk out of it because it sat for so long? I dont know how loud this motor is supposed to be but it was LOUD... any thoughts??? also the speedo and trim dont work :laugh::thumbsdown:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok today i had it on smooth water and there is def power loss...i was unable to notice last time i had it out due to the fact there was alot of waves...my dad said it may be because the spark plugs need changing:confused: would this make it run diff and make it loose power. This is my first year owning a jet ski so i have no idea whats going on:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the plugs and tested compression. It was the plugs they were fried, i ran 87 oct and thats what killed them, also the compression is fine 123,123,124 and now it runs like new. ALso, water is coming out of that little hole on the side to show its running the way it should thanks for the info guys

:appl::appl::appl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts