Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the whole water craft scene and i picked up this great running polaris but my electronic readout on bars does not work. how do i get to the fuses? i already popped it out and checked the connection on the back of the unit and it's golden so my next guess is a popped fuse, BUT i have no clue how to get to that! If somebody could help me that would be awesome. The best way to reach me is at my email [email protected] . thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im new to the whole water craft scene and i picked up this great running polaris but my electronic readout on bars does not work. how do i get to the fuses? i already popped it out and checked the connection on the back of the unit and it's golden so my next guess is a popped fuse, BUT i have no clue how to get to that! If somebody could help me that would be awesome. The best way to reach me is at my email [email protected] . thank you!

Ok so i took the multi function display out and tested it from my car battery and it works fine. So i busted out the test light and im only getting power to my yello wire which should be the constant hot! But no power to the red no matter what i do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fuse for the MFD is in the electrical box.. which is located in the engine compartment. its a fuse i have only found at Radio Shack. Just take the box apart and check the fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Polaris Fuse

Yep, you can get them at Radio Shack. 250volt, 1/4amp.
You have to open up the computer box, sits on top of the battery. It's inside of it. Just make sure when you close it back up you have the rubber seal in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sl 780

i am also new to these skis and have the same problem with mine i pulled the box on top of the battery apart and found the small fuse was blown and since replaced it and it still doesnt work ,i also dont have any power to the power tilt trim.so if you find out any info could you please email me ,and i will do the same
cheers niko
email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I just bought a 96 Polaris slt 780 and I'm really happy! Everything is great on it apart from the display not working. I checked if there was power going to it by removing the clip on the back of it and testing every wire! There was nothing from
Any of the wires apart from the brown wire! Are the fuses I need to check inside the big black box beside the battery?

Anyone got any ideas! The ski works great but I'm just one of these people that like everything to work as it should!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts