Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Polaris SLT780. It has been sitting for a year. Got it out the other day and it won't start. I know I have fire and if I prime the carbs, it will start for just a second and then die.

I have fuel flowing from the tank, but no fuel pressure and no fuel squirting into the carbs.

The strange part is that the wires going to the fuel pump only have 1.47 volts, even when trying to start the engine. This tells me that it might not be a problem with the fuel pump itself, but a voltage problem going to the fuel pump?

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks,
Ty Porter

·
Registered
4 Posts
fuel pump and fuel problems

Ty,

first you need to upgrade to the triple outlet Minkuni fuel pump. John Zigler of Rock Mountain PWC has them and his email is [email protected] I think he sells them for like $30 to $39 shipped just tell him Jared in Choctaw Oklahoma sent you. next check your gas cap and make sure it is sealing properly, if you need a good one let me know and I will sell you cheap off of one of my parts skis. Many Polaris fuel problems are caused by bad gas caps. Next check the lines inside you fuel tank. (I know you are getting fuel past this point but it never hurts to change these if bad) I would replace these regardless. Next check the fuel selector switch on the side of your ski. these tend to seize over time. If you have never replaced any of your fuel line it might be a good winter project. check for fuel line dude or fuel line guy on ebay they both have great prices on the clear colored fuel line. The blue looks awesome inside a Polaris hull. I use it for fuel and oil lines. Check the o ring and lube the selector up to make sure it operates correctly. Have you rebuilt your carbs?? did you check the diaphrams?? these tend to go bad over the years. That should do it. Good luck and if you ever need parts just let me know.

Jared Jones of Choctaw Oklahoma

I have a 1996 Polaris SLT780. It has been sitting for a year. Got it out the other day and it won't start. I know I have fire and if I prime the carbs, it will start for just a second and then die.

I have fuel flowing from the tank, but no fuel pressure and no fuel squirting into the carbs.

The strange part is that the wires going to the fuel pump only have 1.47 volts, even when trying to start the engine. This tells me that it might not be a problem with the fuel pump itself, but a voltage problem going to the fuel pump?

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks,
Ty Porter

·
Registered
4 Posts
the voltage to the pump has me a little puzzled. check on Green Hulk PWC Performance Forums in the gen discussion Polaris area I know those guys will know for sure. Do you know what the voltage should be??? I don't know right off hand.

Jared

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks,
Ty Porter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts