Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my uncle picked up a GTX and XP jetskis like 2 years ago for a fairly good deal. the problem was that the owner didnt know if they ran.

what are the differences between the GTX and the XP? or actually the difference between the models?

they both have 110HP. but im guessing they are the same.

where can i pick up a manual for the two? online manuals also work.

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 1996 gsx, which is a two-seater seadoo. The gtx is basically the exact same watercraft except a 3-seater so longer. The xp is for one person but since they are in the same year and same hp they should be very similar if not exactly the same in build.

Seadoo has manuals for all of their watercraft on their website if you look hard enough.

Look here: BRP -- Operator's Guides

Otherwise, I have a question on my gsx if anyone with experience has an answer or advice. Right now I have a problem getting any acceleration or thrust from the watercraft. My engine runs at full rpm and starts fine, and the impeller turns when it is out of water. At first I thought it was a worn impeller but it appears to look fine. Perhaps it is a slipping drive shaft or lack of jet compression?

If anyone has some feedback that'd be nice.
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
JWseadoo: I too have a 96 GSX 800. I have never had a problem with accel but i might have an idea of what it could be. I also own a 1998 SeaSwirl 22ft ocean boat with 200hp outboard. About a year ago while in the bay it suddely lost acceleration but would move at a slow RPM. While out of the water we could get the prop to spin free but under the strain of moving the vessel it wouldnt spin. Found that a rubber bushing in the hub of the prop went bad but was grabbing enough to move while at a slow RPM. I had the hub rebuilt and it works great. So all in all i thought maybe an impeller has some sort of a hub as well with that bushing that could go bad and not let it spin at High rpm. Thus you would hear the engine rev up but it wouldnt hardly move at all. Just a thought

BTW: if you decide to take the assembly apart, have a shop manual handy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts