Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my first pair of PWC, and I'm down to two different pairs of Sea Doos. The first pair is a set of 1996 SPi's, and the second is a set of 1996 GSX's. I have yet to actually see either set in person, but I am looking at the SPi's tonight. He's had a lot of calls on them, but I'm pretty sure I was the first to contact him. Which pair should I get?

1996 SPi's ($2400)
-Appx. 150 hrs each
-Covers & Trailer
-Well Maintained
-Green & Purple
LINK

1996 GSX's ($4000)
-Hours unknown
-Trailer (idk about covers)
-Look well maintained
-Blue & Yellow
LINK

I don't know the Sea Doo hierarchy, but my assumption is that the SPi's were a lower model (I think they have something like a 518cc engine), and the GSX's were a higher model (700 cc). They are my first pair, so I won't really know any better if they are a little slower or lack features. I'm really leaning toward the SPi's if they look good in person, and everything checks out. He said they probably get up to about 45 mph, which should be fast enough for me.

I'd like to get both down on prices. I'd like to try and get the SPi's down $400 to $2000. The GSX's aren't worth $4000 to me, and I'd try to get those for $3000.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hey: there, if it were me. I would try to get the GSX simply because the engine is stronger and should be better for cruising and not have to run it wide open all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts