Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 96 Waveblaster 2. The guy is the original owner of the ski with less than 30hrs on it. I personally looked at it and looks brand new. Not a scratch or nick on it. The engine compartment still looks like new. The guy has garaged it the last few years and has never started it.

What do I need to look for? Hopefully it was also winterized correctly being that we live in a cold climate. My biggest concern is not getting the water out of the coolant system or not using antifreeze during storing. I don't want to end up with a cracked block, head, etc... Anything obvious to look for please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picked up my 96 blaster 2 today. Took some time to get it started. Last time it was registered was 2002. Battery was junk and replaced it. Needed new plugs and popped right off. Smoked like bich at first then the nice rumble after hooking the water to it. Next test will be hitting the water tomorrow. What speed do these hit stock? Also can a VTS be added to it? Completely bone stock ski that looks like it rolled out of the dealer floor in 96.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey good luck with her. I just got this one and a 1997 one. I took the 96 out yesterday with me and my wife, and i hit 55. So i think mid to upper 50's is not out of the question. Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1996 Waveblaster 2

So finally got around to posting some pics of ski I picked up late last summer. Grandpee had it in his garage since 2002. Original owner. Used it less than 20hrs.
Noob looking to start some mods:
1. Pro-tech intake grate.
2. Block off plate. Really hate the injection system. Rather mix my own.
3. Carbs need to be gone thru completely.
Anything else I should do let me know. Hit low 50's with it when I did have it out. Had some hesitation at times from the carbs. Also like to foul frequently.

Picked up my 96 blaster 2 today. Took some time to get it started. Last time it was registered was 2002. Battery was junk and replaced it. Needed new plugs and popped right off. Smoked like bich at first then the nice rumble after hooking the water to it. Next test will be hitting the water tomorrow. What speed do these hit stock? Also can a VTS be added to it? Completely bone stock ski that looks like it rolled out of the dealer floor in 96.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leaving the injection system on after doing more reading on the site. I'm definitely going through the carbs with a rebuild kit and setting the pop off's. Also want to do the intake grate. Mainly use the ski on rivers/lakes. Would an pro-tech grate be beneficial? I believe the carbs maybe the reason why I fouled plugs frequently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts