Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
i recently became the proud owner of a 1996 yamaha waveraider, a gift from my father. i have a couple questions if anyone could please answer them.

1.) it has both waveraider and waverunner 700 stickers on it, which is it?

2.) i was riding the other day and it just quit while riding. no spit/sputter, just quit as if the shut off key was pulled. when i tried to start it would not even try, acted like the key wasn't in it. after pushing the start button about 15 times, i cranked up. it did this off/on for a while. then i rode again later on and it acted fine. has new battery and terminals are all clean and connected. any ideas?

3.) is has an oil light on it but i got to looking and it is not hooked up. it is a pre-mix system. there are two plugs coming from behind the oil light but they are not plugged in to anything. inside the wiring harness, there is one plug that looks to fit one of the oil light plugs, but doesn't appear to have ever been hooked up. do i need to hook it up? thanks in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
On the starting issue, the start/stop switch has been known to fail a lot. The stickers are normal I am sure since my GP1200 has both also. The oil light just warns you when the oil tank is low but if you pre-mix no worries. Just use quality oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts