Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got 2 XP's on the trailer hooked up for the lake this weekend. One just developed an issue...
These are both new to me, the wife bought them 2 weeks ago and both started for her when seller fired them up. The one is good, plug the lanyard in, beeps twice and then fires right up. When I plug the other lanyard into the second one the dash lights all come on, then go out leaving the fuel gauge on, but no beeps and the starter button does nothing.

I thought the d.e.s.s. may have needed to be reprogrammed, but when I tried plugging the wrong lanyard into the good ski it gives a loud single beep and then all dash instruments go out, i'm not getting that reaction from the broken ski, the dash operates same as the good one, just no beeps at all and no start.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional info, I've troubleshooted the lanyard base, 0 ohms, so it checks out. I also bought two new batteries, fully charged, and swapped between the two, both work in the good ski. And checked the 3 fuses in the front box.

Are there any other fuse locations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, checked those two in the rear, both good. Just finished running an ohms check on the on/off switch, its good. Any idea's out there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update..looks like a combination, bad solenoid AND inop beeper. Solenoid is on order, does anyone know where the actual speaker is for the beeps, would be good to know for the future..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts