Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1996 waveraider 1100 which I bought last it had the exhuast taken off and the fly wheel removed. I have the machine back together and I checked the compression in all three cylinderand they all read 110psi.
The engine runs and will accellerate out of the water with a flush kit. I put the machine in the water and it will idle but when I give it any throttle in seems to be running on one cylinder it sound terrible but the engine stays running. I have the engine running on premix 50 to 1 because the oil pump flange cracked. I took the fuel pump apart and looked in it to see if something is clogged but it looks fine. I am going to pickup a rebuild kit anyway.
Does that fuel pump work off vacuum?
Do I need to rebluid the carbs?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Its sounding like it might need the carbs rebuilt, and it does use vacuum for the pumps on the carbs, a good place to send the carbs to is PURELY TECHNICAL online with they do great work and are fair priced you can check them out on the web. Make sure your not having a problem with electrical also or you have bad plugs or wires, being a 96 its got some age to it. Ohm's test wires and replace plugs, if you can check the spark on the plugs I would do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts