Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those are the symptoms. I was pulling boarder when suddenly I could hear bogging and sounded like a cylinder wasnt firing. Tested comp. all 125 pulled head and cylinders and pistons look great. Revs on trailer and in water but it wont get me over 30 mph on the lake. It starts to sound "choppy" like its trying to fire but isnt. It will kick in for a second or so then nothing. Once it kicked in for a couple minutes but that was it. I have clipped plug boots changed plugs cleaned and checked connections in ebox tightened and cleaned any wires that looked crappy. I do see some backfiring down carbs. Moves from cylinder to cylinder sometimes more then one will see flames down tube. Carbs seem to be supplying fuel. Checked reeds look perfect but hard to say if they are worn. They look damn clean though. moved cages around and flame doesnt follow the valve. Still happens down the same tube i moved reeds from. Any suggestions. I have heard check stator wires, cdi needs swap, temp sensors putting it in "limp mode" reed valves and carbs. PLEASE tell me someone has had this issue and fixed it! I dont want to drop a ton of money on unecessary parts is what it comes down to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds excatly like my 02 stx 900 I have rebuilt carbs new fuel line new filter new stator, coils, fuses, key switch, temp switch, and still the exact same so now I am gonna try cdi if I could ever find one

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi there we may have the cdi for yours, we brought all the electrics before having a good look, when i took the main box apart we found someone had taken it apart before and trapped a coil pack feed wire and it was shorting when warm, simple fix for us which makes a change,,,

·
Registered
4 Posts
kawasaki 900stx

we have a complete and sealed kawasaki 900 stx cdi box assembly with all wiring, we are prepared to sell the cdi unit from it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still nothing!!

Those are the symptoms. I was pulling boarder when suddenly I could hear bogging and sounded like a cylinder wasnt firing. Tested comp. all 125 pulled head and cylinders and pistons look great. Revs on trailer and in water but it wont get me over 30 mph on the lake. It starts to sound "choppy" like its trying to fire but isnt. It will kick in for a second or so then nothing. Once it kicked in for a couple minutes but that was it. I have clipped plug boots changed plugs cleaned and checked connections in ebox tightened and cleaned any wires that looked crappy. I do see some backfiring down carbs. Moves from cylinder to cylinder sometimes more then one will see flames down tube. Carbs seem to be supplying fuel. Checked reeds look perfect but hard to say if they are worn. They look damn clean though. moved cages around and flame doesnt follow the valve. Still happens down the same tube i moved reeds from. Any suggestions. I have heard check stator wires, cdi needs swap, temp sensors putting it in "limp mode" reed valves and carbs. PLEASE tell me someone has had this issue and fixed it! I dont want to drop a ton of money on unecessary parts is what it comes down to.
I have replaced the reeds checked the stator wires back for continuity, forced the temp sensor to put ski in limp mode, (totally different sound and runs at like 1000 RPM) Replaced entire electrical box ( Coils, CDI and anything else in there), changed start relay cause i broke the other one while working on it, changed exhaust hose that seemed to collapse on itself under load and quick throttle, STILL no fix. This is unreal. I am currently looking for a service center in the Lehigh Valley PA area who can hook this thing up to a PC and test it that way. Any suggestions? Anyone have experience working on Kawis that could possible work on this for me? If so please Message me rates or post in here. I appreciate any assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts