Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1997 kawasaki 1100 stx jet ski weak spark where to start

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Greasemonkey 
#1 ·
Just picked up this 97 1100 stx they told me it shot off last year on the water and would not start they didn't wont to mass with it so here I am. So far I checked gas is good oil is good found weak spark lights the taster barely all 3 cyl. compression 110. Pulled over off cover on electrical control box very clean. Pulled all contactors apart clean and dry checked wires no bad spots rubs all looks good. Pulled plug off top of stator clean and dry. So got boat ready for fishing lol now aim back to ski it is supper clean in side just wondering witch way to go. Been a machine all my life 5 boys lot of dirt bikes this is something new . thankful for any help was hoping this my be a conmen problem.. yeah I don't get that lucky

#2 ·
If new plugs don’t show improvement then i remember my dad who was an oldschool machinist at allischalmers telling me as a kid never crank them without plugs connected to wires. Some people accidently can when doing compression check,etc. that can blow cdi. Multitester could verify. I’ve had one in my day give a weak spark instead of flat out fail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.