Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change the jet pump oil? I dont see a fill plug in the cap. any issues related to this ski i need to know about. It looks to b a low hour ski the impeller and wear ring look to have minimal wear on them. The plugs look really nice but i havent checked the compression yet. If the compression is good and the ski runs flawlessly do i need to go though the carbs anyway. It dosent load up or hessitate at all. I had a 96 xp seadoo and the carbs were trash because of the fuel lines breaking down but i caught it just in time. The manual says compression should be around 120 for a new boat so i assume that is correct. I think the speedometer dosent work. The sensor is there with the pinwheel thing and the gauge looks lean. Is there usually a part that is probelmatic? The new gauge is like 330 so not really worth fixing on a 1k dollar ski. maybe they make a cheeper aftermarket that i could install if the factory is unfixable. Is there any maintainence for the drivetrain as far as the parts between the engine and the jetpump. It does not to have the carbon seal type the seadoo has. Are the oil injection systems reliable. The block off plates are cheap but i do like the auto injection for all around drivability. How long to the reed valves typically last? thanks for any input. I am fairly familiar with the 90's seadoos but this kawi if diff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if the pump cap dosent have a plug does that mean i have to take the whole pump out and turn it vertical to fill the cap? any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Compression is 100-102 across all 3 cyl. Cold engine and hasen't been ran in about year but turns over well. Prob would go up after running some cause it will put a little oil in the cylinders. These numbers seem low but they are all very close. I got 155 on my xp so i know the gauge is pretty accurate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts