Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '97 760 wave venture will no longer reach top speed. The problem began when i was towing a friend on water skis (170lbs) and now the ski will only go about 15mph full throttle. I did a compression test and the compression was right where it needed to be on both cylinders. The engine still tacs out the same as it did before too but now the block seems to have a minor shake when it is tacked out. Maybe it has something to do with the impeller? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. The ski only has 60hrs on it too. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
May have trashed the jet pump. Inspect impeller and housing. If there is severe caviation or excessive clearance, you need to replace both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
it might not be that bad

you need too check to make sure that your reverse bucket cable and lever is properly ajusted if not when you might just need to ajust the cable it happened to my waverunner thats how i know what it might be

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dirt

I have had this happen several times to me. The cause: I sucked sand up into the impeller because I was to shallow. I was able to get it going again by running in deep water and giving it throttle and then letting off. It sometime took a lot of this to get the ski running properly again. Be very careful in shallow water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts