Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New here and need some advice. :confused: Ive been through 2 starters thinking they were the problem and im stressing out over this. It turns over fine with plugs out but as soon as i put 1 in it just "clunks". Not a power problem as I am using an external 12vdc power source. I poured about a thimble worth of injection oil in cylinders but it did not help. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
External 12 vdc power source? What about your battery? Usually, it's a weak starter since it has the bendix build right in. You can do a volatage drop test and see which componant is faulty that way. Check all wire connections. A solenoid is pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I used a my running truck as a power source with jumper cables with good bolted connections straight to the starter. It must be the starter but the crazy thing is I bought a brand new aftermarket one on ebay and it wouldnt work. So then I bought a used one and the same thing. Not solenoid or anything else because Im bypassing all of it. Just wanted some input before I shoveled out $280 for a starter from seadoo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts