Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have a few problems that need to be fixed. I need to replace the fuel line inside. I need to fix the front storage door. I also really need to clean the carburetors. Can anyone think of any other things I should check or replace considering it's age? Also any suggestions for a decent fuel line that won't break the bank. The front storage door is broken off the hinge and I either need to attach it back somehow or just replace it.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
I would also change the oil injection lines. Find the manual so you can get the injection system bled correctly.
I use the blue urethane line available from most online pwc stores like sbt. Try and do the carb rebuilds without separating them from each other. If you do, you will have to re-sync them. Not a complicated task, just time consuming.
I would just scour ebay and such for another storage lid.
Be sure and document exactly how many turns from seat each mixture screw is, and don't get them mixed up. You will need a pop off gauge to check the needle pop off (you can get a Mikuni 0-100psi gauge off amazon or ebay), and DO NOT replace the needle spring unless the pop off is out of spec., and don't get the springs and needles mixed up. best to do one carb at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I’m really new to all this stuff and I didn’t;t really understand most of that. Are there any resources that I could read to understand that? I don’t really know that much about engines and have been getting my brother to help me.

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Look in the how to section. There's some stuff on carb basics in there. Also try and find a copy of the owners manual and repair manual. Those will be two very valuable pieces of info for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts