Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help?

I have a 1997 Yamaha Waveraider 700 that I have replaced the impeller on, I have removed the pump took it to a local shop and had them swap the impeller as I didn't have the driveshaft holding tool. I went back out into the garage this morning to reassemble and realized the shaft only turns 180 degrees before stopping, is this normal? I don't want to put it back in the ski only to take it out again. Is it possible that the shop tightened the impeller down too much? The shop doesn't open until three any other way to loosen it up without the proper tool?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
227 Posts
COuld be that they have the spacer behind the impeller in wrong. I'm not sure what the other side of the pump shaft looks like, you can take the cone off to find out since there isn't oil or grease. Bearings could also be seized inside. Take it back though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it back to the shop I had change it for me and found that the impeller needed a few spacers to clear the shaft. They took care of teh problem and never charged me anything. All back together and running great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts