Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is $2,600 a reasonable price for the Jet Ski in what look like good condition? We were also looking at 1996 XLT 1100 waverunner for $2,700---thoughts about reliability and troublefree ownership, especially for newbies with little wrench skill. Thank you SO much!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey JayDawg,

Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the deal, though. The appearance of the Kawasaki is much better than the waverunner--seat a bit torn on the waverunner etc. Is one more troublefree?? The waverunner dealer seems much more accomodating. He was willing to allow us to take it for the day etc.

Thank you so much for the info. I feel like a tool with so little info and confidence in this area, but our family sees this as a great hobby for us and we are really pumped about getting into it.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would go the 1100 venturer. Its not an XLT. They didn't come out till late 97/ early 98 (in Australia). Same hull though. The yamaha I think is a better buy. Even if it is a bit rough. They have a bullet proof engine and a great hull. The Kawasaki is still a good ski but the Yamaha is a superior ski!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts