Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an engine for sale for a 1998 STX 1100. I am looking for a replacement engine. It does not need to run as long as it can be rebuilt. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is exactly what I have, but I am keeping it (it is acting up though).
Thanks for your previous advice on the gas tank, I have not yet drained it and cleaned the sensing unit. A local marina told me there is a wire that might need to be sanded. I will do this onece I get it running again.

I might have water in my crankcase (I did not know that my hull was slowly leaking), not sure. What should I do? Run it with the plugs out? It is in my driveway. I did turn it over with the plugs out and what is coming out is watery, but less so now. Feed air and heat into the crankcase through the plug hole? I hope my engine is not ruined. It is turning very very well but rust can ruin it. I did not know my hull leaks. There was about 4 inches of water in it, but it was tilted so the water was toward the back, when I got to the lake.

What happened to your 1998 STX1100?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a short block at shopSBT.com for my 1999 900 STX. I was going to rebuild mine myself but i couldnt do it for much cheaper than these guys. Many shops buy from them too.

Everything ships to your door via fed ex. 1 day later my PWC was running strong.

check them out...

RiverRatKow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts