Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! My 1998 TSL 770 is giving me major headaches this year! I was having problems with it starting in the water, but it would start on land! So I took it in to a mechanic, he had it for two weeks, I took it out yesterday and it started right up, after an hour+ I had to use the bathroom so went in to the marina, came out and I could not get it started again! After I pulled it out of the water and got it home it started! I'm completely puzzuled. It ran fantastic last year and was winterized and kept inside all winter. Any ideas? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2 cents worth: Could be the thermostat that is held by one bolt on the exhaust thinks the engine is over-heating and cuts off the ignition. Motor cools off and then it runs again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it could be your gas tank vent, it has to let air in a s fuel goes out. start it again and loosen the gas cap if it runs then the check valve is bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, it gave me a place to start at. I took out The Shark on Tuesday (9/3) and after replacing the starter a couple of weeks ago, it ran fantastic!!! Or flawless would be another adjective for it. What a great machine. It took me most of the summer to get it right but no disappointments then. I'm looking forward to riding again on Saturday (9/6) to another repeat performance. Thanks for the help again! Have fun riding!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts