·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
new to PWC and any help would be appreciated
Have a 98 XL760 and having an issue the start button won't start the
motor and the gauges are not working at all
it's not the starter or the solenoid and I checked the buttons and they are working
everything else runs great on this ski
new battery and new plugs
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issue with my 1996 waveraider. Running perfectly Saturday, but Monday it is totally dead. Battery shows 12.7V. no gauges, no crank, nothing. I checked battery connections and they are fine. I cycled the key and nothing. I had the same problem last year and the repair shop said it needed a new battery. They put one in and it was fine all year until now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
find the location where all your plugs have connectors on your wire harness, should be underneath handlebars near the front of the ski. disconnect them all. find the red/brown connector comming from the electrical side. take a wire or small needle nose plier and jump red/brown. this will bypass your start/stop and gauges. if it turns over and starts then you have an issue with start/stop, gauge or key if that ski has one.
if it starts you will need to reconnect black/white connector to stop the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my 07 vx110 has almost the same problem was riding it everything ok flushed it and turned on ok.next day i tried to start it to go and ride again turns but will not start either.everything looks ok only exception is that the dash won't turn on when i try to start the engine??
Please help!! I'm new to Jet skis

·
Registered
184 Posts
Before you start tearing into the electrical box I would bypass the ground cable. With jumper cables directly to the engine.
If that doesn't work time to tear into the electrical box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
new to PWC and any help would be appreciated
Have a 98 XL760 and having an issue the start button won't start the
motor and the gauges are not working at all
it's not the starter or the solenoid and I checked the buttons and they are working
everything else runs great on this ski
new battery and new plugs
Thanks.
same problem with me im trying to find a solution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts