Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just bought a 1998 Sea Doo XP with the 951cc engine. I am having a problem with blowing holes in the rubber exhaust boots connecting the manifold pipe to the rear pipe. This has happened twice now within 15 minutes of riding. Also The small hose connecting to the side of the exhaust manifold by the head also blows out. not sure whats the problem is but once it blows od the boot and hose the ski fills with exhaust and kills the engine from lack of oxygen. If you have any ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
194 Posts
you have a bad pressure regulator assy.

It is located on the rear exhaust water box. It regulates the exhaust pressure and if it is bad will cause exactly what you are talking about.

Take it of disassemble clean and reinstall. Sometimes the diaphram will have a hole or other parts inside are faulty. Inspect it carefully and get back to me.

Look in the cooling system schematics and you will see what I am talking about with this link :appl::D
Check the bellows and exhaust valve for damage. It is most lokely just sticking. Clean and reinstall.

Rivamotorsports.com's Sea Doo PWC Parts Finder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked the valve and its not sticking or ripped. Not sure if it makes a difference but the front boot is the one that is burning out the one by the water box is fine. I know a fair amount about snowmobiles and cars but i have never touched a jet ski so im clueless. Is the water supposed to run though the exhaust? because it also burns out the one small tube connnecting to the exhaust right next to the head. I had it out yesterday and after i fixed it it ran for about 5 mins and then started to stubble then burned out both tubes again. I appreciate your help let me know that you think.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check the exhaust boot and exhaust coupling. If the boot is torn wtaer in the exhaust and vise versa. Inside the exhaust pipe. Split it apart. Careful though it is a bitch to get back together. You will probably need a new exhaust cone.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it apart and the boot is fine theres no water running through the exhaust its dead dry inside. Is the water suposed to flow through it to keep it cool?? Some one else said that the vacume solinoid for the two valves on the motor might be bad? when i first had the problem i found the right valve was clogged on the port for the vacume line so it was stuck down. I cleaned that all up and it still did the same thing so i have no clue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i will have to look into it because i dont think it has any water flowing through the exhaust. Do you know where the intake is for the exhaust? i know the rest of the motor pulls it in from the back but is it separate from the exhaust?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts