Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1999 gp 1200 and i put it away last way running and went to start it this year and hooked up the battery and went to push the start button and nothing, no power whats so ever. I had my roomate call the shop where he used to work and they told him the stator was bad, so i went and bought a 50 dollar stator and didnt need it, needless to say not the problem. So basically there is no power to the start button, me and buddy check all the connections down by the gas tank for power and they all got power.If u take the positive and negative off the stator and jump it the engine cranks over fine. ANYONE HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
11 Posts
No power to start button

If you follow your red cable from the battery it goes to a black box where the starter solenoid is. There is a black wire that looks like it is plugged in toward the bottom of the black box. Unclip it and pull it out and the main fuse is on the end. Should be about 15 amps. If this fuse is dead you get nothing on the start button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1999 XL760. It also would not start after sitting up for the winter.

I had the battery on a trickly charge all winter. However, I found out that with those small batteries, if you do not start them once a month or so...they will loose their charge. I bought a new battery and also, replaced the spark plugs. Now it starts great.

Having problems with it getting over 20 mph...which is why I'm on here, but that is another story. :)

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts