Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a bad impulse purchase not knowing anything about jet skis (ATV yes, Jet skis no), when I got home there was tons of red oil in the bottom of the hull. the people i bought it from only had it for 3 months and don't know anything about them either....It looks like the oil line on top of the tank at the oil filter is disconnected/missing. I couldn't seem to find it flapping around close by. My thoughts are hoping that it just came loose during the long 1 hour bumpy drive... but there is way too much oil in the bottom for this... meaning a) its been disconnect for a long time, they ran it it this way an there are problems with the motor... or b) someone installed an oil blockoff, ran premix and never blocked off the oil and its been leaking a long time. Either scenario are scary come spring not only from a fire hazard but who know what shape the motor is in even thought it started for and ran for about 5 seconds in his driveway.... any help on the where the oil line might go on the carbs or how to tell if there is an oil blockoff would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts