Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 1999 seadoo xp that has a great hole shot (RPM up to about 7500) and imediately after pulling out of the water the RPMs drop down to 4,600. Every once in a while (while holding full throtle) it will try to rev up but then just drops back to about 4200-4600 RPM again). It does not seem like a govenor problem. The fuel used was premium and the official Seadoo SP-X oil. I changed the plugs and it did not help. It starts perfect everytime and runs great a low RPMs. If I "sneak" the thottle up sometimes I can get to to about 4900 RPMs but anything above about that the engine speed drops and then slowly revs back up to about 4600. To me it seems like fuel starvation. I did try pulling the choke out when it happens but then the engine just dies completely...

One mechanic told me it might be the little tiny fuel filters IN the carbs themselves (not the fuel filter from the tank). I checked it and it was a bit dirty but no water or any major "junk".

Anybody have any other ideas?

Thx,
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am having the EXACT same problem with my 2000 xp

Going to have the carbs serviced by a friend of mine who is a certified mech but he is also a school teacher so he can't get to it until the first of next month. with that being said please let me know if you solve the problem before then. if not,i will let you know if it solves my problem when we do the carb service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had the same problem with my 97 spx all i had to do was replace the fuel filters... but i have had to clean the carbs bout every two years too... come to find out... lake gas isnt the best... and if this fixes it and it happens again soon after i would reccomend changing the fuel lines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts