Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1999 slth ignition update kit

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1999Polarisslth700twin 
#1 ·
I am about to install an ignition update kit on my 1999 Polari slth.

I read the instructions, and at the end they state to disconnect a ground wire between the electrical box and the battery. The jetski is not at home right now, so I can look at the battery to see the ground wire.

Is there only one wire on the negative battery terminal? How will know which wire to disconnect?

If anyone has installed the iginition update kit, I would greatly appreciate any information or lessons-learned that will help me install the update kit.

#2 ·
Update kit installed

Nobody posted a reply to my note, but here is an update. I sucessfully installed the ignition update kit in my jetski, replaced the starter, and replaced everything except the terminal board in my electrical box. The jet ski fired-up on first crank and runs great. The ski has never started so easily since I purcashed it. I think the electric system has been the source of my hard starting, failure to start when hot, and poor idling porformance all along.

#5 ·
Update kit installed

Nobody posted a reply to my note, but here is an update. I sucessfully installed the ignition update kit in my jetski, replaced the starter, and replaced everything except the terminal board in my electrical box. The jet ski fired-up on first crank and runs great. The ski has never started so easily since I purcashed it. I think the electric system has been the source of my hard starting, failure to start when hot, and poor idling porformance all along.
Can you please send me the updated ignition kit instructions and any tips

jesuspalomin@gmail.com

fax 574 293-5558

I would greatly appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.