Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My waverunner was running sluggishly after pulling out of storage for the off season as usual. It was going 40mph and would bog down an stall, but started right back up! I Burned out the old gas and added seafoam, but at some point the piston was burnt out( I was not riding at the time!) I pulled it apart yesterday and one piston was burnt out and the head was damaged too, there's also a small crack IN the lower engine case.

I wanted to know what my options are....could I rebuild this engine..althougt parts seem almost as much as buyin an engine. Or should I replace it with a new motor?? I've had a hard time funding a motor for it and was wondering were I caN look for a new or used motor, I haven't found any used motors yet :(. Please help me any advic is greatly appreciated...I have tsome money to fix IT And would like to do so asap!!

Thank you
:) Toni

·
Registered
323 Posts
Try to rebuild it, Probably cheaper and you know what you have. Just liquid metal the lower case crack if it isn't a hole. It's not under any pressure. The head will probably clean up with a die grinder (its not a race motor) and will do the job. Hope this helps you do it as cheap as possible. However, I would spend the money on a nickalsil barrel and size matched piston. Its not worth getting a re-sleeved barrel because you will be upset even more when it blows up again and costs more money. Obviously overhaul the carbs and check the power valve adjustment. Also check the oil line didn't come off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts