Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WaveRunner GP 800 jet ski for sale as a project boat or for parting out as a side hustle. Many new parts, clean engine and well-maintained. Ran well and fast until August, when something happened and I cannot put any more money into this one, having invested over $4,000 in the last two years.

Two stroke, 120 hp motor. No corrosion and no evidence of previous oil line failure. Oil tank and pump are fine, so no pre-mix required. Hull is in good condition and engine was flushed with fresh water after every use by me, then sprayed with Yamalube protectant. Motor has 203 hours on it. The GP 800 motors are very strong and these models are still very popular.

Cylinders were rebuilt two years ago and SBT Wave Eater clips were added to the power valves; carburetor was rebuilt; fuel filter was replaced; seat covers were replaced; gaskets, carb needle and other parts were replaced; fuel cock was replaced; heavy duty cover was purchased. The jet ski ran beautifully until a few weeks ago, when the engine began to bog below about 5000 rpms. On the trailer, the motor runs right up to 8000+ rpms and the power valves are opening, but there is a strange mechanical sound.

Service tech inspected the cylinders this week and they seem to be fine. Reeds are clean and WaveEater clips are in place. There are hundreds of GP 800s still in use. This one could be parted out on eBay at a significant profit (have a look at prices for GP 800 aftermarket parts). Alternatively, it would make a great winter project for someone with the mechanical skills to sort out the problem, since the boat is fundamentally sound and the engine is in great condition.

Bring a trailer and cash. Email me at [email protected]

1603369451799.png

View attachment 19282

1 - 1 of 1 Posts