Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I picked up our new Kawasaki 250x Ultra today. We have some friends that have boats and jet skis that are meeting us at the lake tommorrow to go along for our 1st ride. I have ridden but its been 12+ years and never owned one until now. I have already read the horror storys about how this thing will suck gas but what should I expect if I ride sensable and just get on it for short burst every now and then, how many hours could I ride around on a full tank. I did not buy it for a fuel mizer but to have fun but also have to be realistic on the wallet as well. Any other tips or things to watch out for would be helpful. I know they are different than a motorcycle in many ways but similar as well. I ride a Harley Night Rod and have had motorcycles for over 30+ years so I know how to handle speed and what it can get you into. Just wanting some advice and help getting started. heck, this will be my 1st instance of ever unloading and loading one!
Thanks FDM
p.s. got the racing green color by the way. Will post some pics as I get some.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
The most important thing to remember on most jet skis is no throttle means no steering! If someone cuts in front of you, you have to train your mind to punch the throttle and turn sharp. Yes, they drink fuel! My 99 Ultra 150 has I believe a 12 or 15 gallon gas tank in it and it will last maybe 2 hours if I am on it hard. If I am just cruising around, then I may be able to get double that. With the 250 X, I am really not sure how long a tank will last. I'm guessing at least 3 or 4 hours because it has the bigger tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts