Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this on a few other boards and havn't been able to figure it out.

Recantly when I go to start up my 96GSX it would beep twice when lanyard was attached, then give me 4 beeps while saying high temp on the display and will not engage the started. This is with a cold ski. Usually after waiting 5-10 min and trying it a bunch it would stop doing it. Now it does it all the time and I don't know what to do. I have checked every connector on the ski including the ones going to the DESS and none are correded. I have changed out the temp sensor. I know the wire going to the temp sensor works cause you can ground it out and get the constant beep. Anyone have any ideas? I am at a loss here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is just a shot in the dark but maybe you got it warm one time and now it is stuck in this high temp screen until you clear it. I have a 98 GSX and it flashed maint at me for a whole season even though it had just had the engine rebuilt the year before. When you put the key on and it flashes high temp try holding the set button for like 5sec while it flashes. That is how you clear the maint light. I hope this might help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts