Personal Water Craft Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The reeds came in today. They look a lot better than the ones the motor originally had haha. Alrighty I will defy be cleaning this out in the next day or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So everything came in today. I’m going to try to clean out the lower half tomorrow after work. Dave is there any special oil I should use when I fully assemble the motor after all the cleaning is done?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Any decent 2stroke oil is fine as an assembly lube. I don't use anything special. Just coat everything nicely. Especially the crank brgs and cyl's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well I think I got duped guys....found these little buggers in the oil when I went to clean it. Any ideas if it is still useable?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I wouldn't call it quits just yet. Minor set back maybe. Looks to be dirt not anything metallic.
I would say rather than flush it out, it may be better to just split the case and check it out. All the oil is a good thing if the brgs are ok. The one rod brg in pic looks ok.
If you split it then you can clean it up and check brgs individually. Put some new seals on and you know it's right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ok I will be splitting it tomorrow. I saw that and just got mad thinking the bearings had grit in them and then game over let’s start again.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts