Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 97 kawi 750ss and 1100 zxi same year
I took them out and the oil line popped off the 750. and now it wont run right and sounds like a rod knock. should I premix them and what would be a good ratio. 20-1 40-1 any help would be great. thanks

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Chances are, when the oil line popped off, there was engine damage as a result. If that is the case, you will need to fix whatever it is that is broke and then you can pre mix if you like or continue to use the injection system. Just remember, before you ride, always check all of your fittings to make sure they are tight to avoid things like that from happening.

·
Registered
285 Posts
go premix 50:1

I have many Kawasaki's and all of them get the block off plate that can be found at denniskirk.com for a low price. I too many years ago made the same mistake and lost a line on one ski, and had one pump go bad taking out a engine and having to rebuild them not fun or cheap so premix is the best i never have to worry again.
NOTE: I run Amsoil Interceptor its synthic @ 50:1 , that is 2.5oz per gallon mix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how would i go about converting an 2001 Yamaha xl800 to premix, other than just not putting oil in the oil tank.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Remove oil pump, buy a block off to replace where the oil pump used to go. (DennisKirk.com - Motorcycle, Harley-Davidson, ATV, Dirt Bike, Snowmobile, PWC / Watercraft Parts, Apparel, and Accessories) and remove the oil tank or leave it what ever you want to do. Mix gas and oil 50:1 (2.6oz per gallon of gas). and your ready to ride. Remember if you remove the oil tank and the pump their are lines that go to the intake, make sure you block them off. Usually come in the kit but just remember that point.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts