Personal Water Craft Forum banner

2000 1100 stx di

3K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  t.50682/ 
#1 ·
Starter relay is disconnected. When positive cable touches battery the engine cranks. Master switch is off too.

#5 ·
after hooking everything up and cranked it, the engine light was on. ran the ski on trailer in water and had rough idle, adjusted the tps and did better but the ski is in SLOW mode ? the cps checks good resistance. the ski ran flawless before I pulled the motor. Im at a loss? I have an old laptop that would probably run KADIAG, looking for a download..

#6 ·
You need the adapters and cables also. Is there anything else showing up on the dash like temp, oil, fuel.... ? Did you get the cooling lines hooked up correctly ? have you done the cooling mod and checked the stator cover and emm for corrosion yet ? Have you checked the air temp sensor ? Did you mess with the idle setting ?

#7 ·
cooling lines were crossed but fixed that, oil res was and light came on so oil is full now, drained old fuel replaced with fresh gas, emm and mag hook up looked good but did not look too close in female end, did mess with tps cause at first would not idle, now idles around 1200 rpm in water, injector hardness had 2 small wear spots on wire, wrapped them with e tape, have not tried to sync the throttle body, bleed the oiler "got smoke", temp light was not activated, did pull the cps out and looked at it.. hope its not out of adjustment, have not pulled stator cover, blew out water lines with air, they are clear..has new fuel filter, pulled the return line off at check valve and it had lot of pressure in line is that normal ?

#8 ·
That check valve is the pressure regulator. You adjusted the tps or the idle screw ? It should be holding 1100 idle in or out of the water. Tps has to be set with a dvm. Inlet on the cooling lines goes to the bottom of the exhaust manifold. Make sure your getting spark at all 3 plugs. Do a ohm check on the cps. They are known for the wires to break right at the sensor.

#11 · (Edited)
Your going to need a dos operating system or something to run a virtual dos system from what I gather. It's been a long time since I've looked into this. Best bet would be to find a old windows 95 system. Luckily I should still have a 95 disk I can use. Going to try and post up the two files I downloaded.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/polkcountypwc/

kadiag software

https://s93.photobucket.com/user/lynnboy021/library/kawasaki kadiag cable?page=1

Can't get the software zip file posted anywhere, but have the manual posted on fb. If you can't get the zip file off PWCtoday, let me know and I will try and email it to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.