Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys can help me out here. I have had no problems with this great machine until the last couple of weekends. First of all I cant seem to get the fuel to flow to the carburetors. I have changed the fuel filter and it is placed in the right direction. Symptoms of this machine I can go out and ride forever, however when I come back to shore and let the machine sit for an hour or so and come back to it it is almost like the fuel evaporates and/or I lose the prime and the fuel runs back into the tank. It then takes me 5 minutes or so to get restarted. Once started it will usually cut out on me at least once then she will run great. My questions does the fuel pump actually pull the fuel from the tank to the carbs? Is this a fuel pump problem? Has anybody else experienced this simular problem? I have checked the carbs and I dont seem to be leaking any fuel from them. I hope you guys can lead me in the right direction please help

·
Registered
323 Posts
Your spot on with the evaporation. Once you stop the engine, the engine actually gets hotter and evaporates the fuel in the inlet and also builds pressure in the return line and forces the fuel back to the tank. There is a kit you can buy that is a plastic plate that goes between the carbs and engine reed plate which stops heat soak to the carbs. The return line is also extended. The fuel pump only works off vacuum so the engine must be cranking (using battery volts) to suck fuel up. There is an accelerator pump so you can squirt fuel down the throttle bodies but there must be fuel at the carbs. Best thing is full choke, pump the throttle as quick as humanly possible whilst winding it over. The rough running once you get it going is only low fuel pressure. Best to let it build up for a minuite before you grab too much throttle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts