Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha GP1200 that is having some probs. At high speeds. It will run strong then start to hesitate, If i pull the choke closed just a little bit it will bring the rpm's back up and go. Im assuming its time for a carb job. Whats the easiest recomended way to get to the carbs on this thing?? The exaust wraps all the way around the head and over all the carbs so they def didnt make it easy to get too :dunno: Im guessing to start off by undoing the hose clamps that are holding the two part exaust together and look for any support bolts holding it all on..?? Any help with someone who has already went through all this would be great!! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive got the top of the exaust system pulled out of the ski, But there is still no way in hell i will be able to unbolt the carbs because of how far the engine sits in the hull. Its starting to look like Im going to have to pull the engine. Dealer quoted me $1,400 to Rebuild the carbs!! What is Yamaha thinking??

·
Registered
10 Posts
remove rebuild carb

Has been a while since your post just finished pulling carbs off of 98 1200 not sure how close they are but on that one there were 6 brass bolts size 12mm that you can reach and get out with a short box in 12mm wrench once they are unbolted the whole carb system comes out first you have to remove air cleaner cover this one had allen bolts holding it down and loosen all fuel lines and take off throttle cable once thats done all 3 carbs come right off and very easy to take apart clean or even rebuild so dont see that high dollar amount unless yours is that much diff than a 1998 1200
good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts