Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here is my story.
I bought a used 2000 yamaha gp1200r millenium edition for 2500 dollars. it had 108.7 hours on teh ski itself and the engine in it was a engine out of another watercraft due to the engine in this ski being blown. Now the first night i had it the exhaust gas temp. light came on and the hull was filling with water also. I found an exhaust hose that was pushing water into the hull and reconnected it along with a lot of loose pipe bands and some non-seated hoses and whatnot(a lot of loose fittings and such) anyways it ran fine after that. But once i took my brother out on it the light came back on. So i took it out myself and no light. Now came this weekend. I took it out and i went in a cove and cruised and light went on. so i reset and took off and it doesnt do it at speeds over 35 or so. It then started to storm so i put it up. Now here is the problem. I woke up this morning to go for a morning ride. I was riding for around 5 minutes( a few ful throttle sprints) but nothiung long or major. So i was cruising along at around 45 and all of a suddent the waverunner started to clunk. It shut off and i didnt attempt to start it again. the motor is apparently seized but idk if it is. you cant push down on the piston at all from the spark plug chambers.

So if anyone has ANY ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone.
-Ryan

·
Registered
811 Posts
Do the plugs look like they have aluminum stuck to them ? Can u turn the motor by hand?

Good luck:Christo_pull_hair:

See Ya:00000048:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the guy gave me 2000 cash for it since it wen out so fast. i paid 2500 and lost 500 but i am pretty sure it was my fault cuz i ran it with the overheat warning and ran the shit outta it.....
So i got lucky. Now in the market for a new ski!

Suggestions?
-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts