Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Yamaha GP1200R......in nice shape. Garage kept.
Over the past year I've been having this problem when it is hot.....while riding....the throttle starts to stick. Last year my local Yamaha guy put a new throttle cable on it and we thought it was fixxed. Nope.....this year same thing.

Anyone out there encountered this?? Any suggestions would help.
Biggest problem trying to diagnose this is it NEVER does it when it's cold.
Runs perfect. Even trying to induce it to doing this running on the hose is
almost impossible.......I'm guessing we just don't get it hot enough.

Pat / Daytona
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
1999 XL 1200Ltd throttle sticking

I have a 1999 XL1200Ltd and have experienced the same problem. It starts and runs great for a while, then I bring it back in for a break or to let someone else ride it and the throttle will not work. You pull back on it and it will not snap back. Very frustrating. The only thing I can figure is it just gets hot once you stop riding because no water flowing through it. If I let it sit overnight, it magically fixes itself and I can use it again the next day, for a while. Would love to fix this problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
think I have the same problem with a 2000 xl 800 The throttle cable is not sticking on mine the problem seems to be at the carbs not going back to the home postion. the spring looks good but not going back, then after some time it will have a spring feel to it. Let me know if you find out whats going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts