Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some assistance. I just purchased a GP1200R last week and it is awesome. I have browsed the forums regarding the needed upgrades but would like some input before I purchase. I have read that I need to get the WaveEater Powervalve kit, A D plate, convert to premix, Intake grate and ride plate. The question I have is regarding the Intake grate and ride plate. I am looking at R&D or Riva - any suggestions as to which would be better. I am open to other products as well. I am going to make the purchase tomarrow 8/6/09 and would appreciate any assistance. As I said I have searched this topic but would appreciate any advice anyone has. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
first thing I would do is step your sponsons. Its free to do and it makes a huge difference. You wont pop out of the warter as easy which helps give you the drive for speed. (You can still jump the ski if you want) Basically take them off, and drill out the center of the center slot. Keep the front hole in the lower location, and pu tthe back hole in the upper location. This puts them on a slight angle and it will help.

Another thing you will want to do is seal the pump housing. The easiest/ cheapest way to do this is fill the opeinings with expanding foam and then trim it off. But if you do this you def need the intake grate. If you do the pump housing and not the grate then you will have problems not allowing the pump to get enough water when you want (Cavitation)

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can re-jet the carbs if you want. If you do, let me know and ill tell you the specs. First remove the D-plate and get the chip. 13/19 solas impeller or 14/20 for re-jeted motor. Rave valves wont increase power, they are just good for rough water so the engine doesnt hit the limiter and slow you down. If you are using mainly in calm water its a waste of money. Seal the pump shoe like motoace said, its cheap and gives hole shot gains. Worx scoop grate because it just as good as the riva and cheaper. Set the sponsons up for how your riding (circuit drop down or top speed leave up). A Worx or riva or r&d ride plate will give you 2mph and a riva nozzle will improve spee. Bleed off some water from the water jacket will give you a bit too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts