Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A SET OF 2000 GP1200R's ONE IS GIVING ME A PROB. WHEN I FIRST DOCK THE SKI IT SOME WHAT RUNS OK... WONT GO PAST 40-43 IF YOU STAY ON THE THROTTLE AS SOON AS YOU LET GO AND GET BACK ON IT IT'LL BOG DOWN AND LAG TO GET BACK UP TO 40... AFTER A COUPLE TIMES OF DOING THAT THE SKI WILL COMPLETLY BOG AND WONT GO PAST 5MPH! AND A BIT OF WHITE SMOKE STARTS COMING OUT OF THE REAR... IVE TOOK IT TO A SHOP THEY CHANGED THE PLUGS TUNED IT UP CHANGED ALL THE FUEL FILTERS CLEANED THE SYSTEM DRAINED THE TANK AND IT DOES THE SAME I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I COULD BE SO I DONT KNOW WAT TO TELL THE SHOP TO CHECK... IF THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR OR IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLZ HELP ME I'D REALLY APPRICIATE IT

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you checked the compression??? Also, check the power valves are working by removing the p/v cap and checking they are physically moving by quickly hitting the start button and waiting for the elec motor to reset. Sometimes the pin can drop out the top of the p/v and/or the plastic joiners can strip internally or sometimes the elec motor can burn out. Usually the p/v's get clogged by using synthetic oil intead of mineral based and in turn, seize the p/v's. Also, sound like the carbs need to be done as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havint checked that ill mention it to the shop since its already in there... i was also thinkin the carb mite have somethin to do with it.... im new to the jetski scene i just bought these about a month ago so i cant say i know to much about them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts