Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 stx di that I purchased a few months ago. It's run fine until this weekend. I ran it for about 10 minutes and the check engine signal came on and the warning light was flashing. It wouldn't go over 4,000 rpm. I got back to shore and turned it of and let it sit for 30 minutes. I started it and rode it for around 5 minutes fine and then the check engine came on again. I repeated this around 5 times with the same result. I checked the Kawasaki website and ran the vin and it has a recall for the fuel tank vent hose and fuel hose replacement. Could this be the issue? If anyone knows what's going on with it any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had the same problem and then my number 1 cylinder seized up about two miles from the boat launch- I got it unseized and putted to the launch- let it cool down and it ran pretty good for a few minutes till it got warm- Better do a compression test- if you don't have a tester go down to autozone and get one for about 15 bucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 stx di that I purchased a few months ago. It's run fine until this weekend. I ran it for about 10 minutes and the check engine signal came on and the warning light was flashing. It wouldn't go over 4,000 rpm. I got back to shore and turned it of and let it sit for 30 minutes. I started it and rode it for around 5 minutes fine and then the check engine came on again. I repeated this around 5 times with the same result. I checked the Kawasaki website and ran the vin and it has a recall for the fuel tank vent hose and fuel hose replacement. Could this be the issue? If anyone knows what's going on with it any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Check your oil. If it is low, the pwc will go into idle mode. This happened to mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kawasaki stx 1100 Check engine

I have had the same problem with my 2001 Kawasaki stx 1100. After about 10 minutes of running, the check engine light comes on and it goes into LIMP mode. After sitting awhile it runs fine again for about 10 minutes. I have had it to three shops and they can't solve the problem because they don't have a way to run it at speed until the warning light comes on. The shops say it runs fine. ANY ONE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM BEFORE ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody figure it out?

Mine is kinda the same thing but chck eng.comes on within seconds of starting I also notice the #1 cylinder getting hotter than the others on the hose is this common ?....:dunno: gonna go through the hoses again to make sur they aren't clogged....

·
Registered
8 Posts
stx issues

Took the exhaust off today there was water in the exhaust ports all the gaskets were beat missing all the gasket sealer and 2 bolts were stripped out... Don't even know how it ran...all new gaskets and heli coil the 2 bolts until I can pick up a good exhaust manifold.....We'll see if it fixes the check engine and over heating cylinder... If your motor is overheating don't be surprised if your gasket seal is melted away and now water is leaking into your cylinders.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found the problem Crank (oil) seal is blown on the stator side (front)... Pulled the motor and am replacing all gasket and seals...should be done this week all the Dealers suck around here they don't carry any parts... Gonna pull the drive shaft and replace the bearings and seals on that also while I have the motor out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts