Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all fellow watercraft owners. I recently purchased a 2000 polaris genisis 1200. The problem that I'm havingis a acceleration problem. The unit fires right up, and idles well. When I try to speed up or rev the craft it just boggs and will not come to plane. It is fuel injected, has fresh plugs and new gas. I've seen questions about the tps. Not sure what my problem is..... or Where on the engine is this tps, how hard is it to replace, aand who carries these parts ? Cost ????
Appreciate your help !!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well..I can say I have the same problem (and others) with my 2001 Virage and nothing I have done has fixed it. Right now mine is currently out of comission and I can't find a mechanic within a 150 miles radious of CHICAGO that will touch it. They all say they are like kryptonite and its near impossible to get parts for! If you have any luck with figuring out your problem, please let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Injected

I looked for a throttle position sensor online but dont show one. You said fuel injected. Are you sure its not oil injected? If its oil injected then you probably just need the carbs cleaned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b]Hello all again, just replaced the tps (Throttle position sensor ) and still have the same problem. Starts and idils fine. Rev and sounds good then falls on its face !!! Help[/b]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fuel Rail Pressure

I am going on basic mechanical knowledge as I am not familiar with your ski. I was researching a problem when I came across your post. Fuel rail pressure is the fuel pressure to the injectors. It should have a place to connect a gauge. There also should be a fuel regulator. It sounds like it could be fuel starved so I would check the fuel pressure, the pump volume before and after the regulator. Those are basic components of fuel injection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Polaris genesis engine bogging solution

Finally I figured it out !!!! I purchased a 15.00 fuel pressure tester kit and realized I had no pressure from the fuel pump. Apparently the was just enough fuel to idle but not to operate the injectors at any speed above that. So you might thing the electric fuel pump was bad..... Huh ? Well after removong pump/fuel senfing unit from the gas tank, I realised the fuel pressure regulator fell of the pump and was laying inside of pump housing. This is a 5" hose with a machined nipple on one end and a spring loaded regulator on the other. I just pressed the nipple end back into the plastic fitting it fell out of at the top of the pump. Then reassembled the pump in the tank. Now i started it with the pressure guage attached to the fuel test port and started the engine. Guess what..... Now i have 22 psi fuel pressure, engine revs well.
I took this watercraft out today and what power and speed !!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bogging problem

Well..I can say I have the same problem (and others) with my 2001 Virage and nothing I have done has fixed it. Right now mine is currently out of comission and I can't find a mechanic within a 150 miles radious of CHICAGO that will touch it. They all say they are like kryptonite and its near impossible to get parts for! If you have any luck with figuring out your problem, please let me know!
Polaris genesis engine bogging solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I figured it out !!!! I purchased a 15.00 fuel pressure tester kit and realized I had no pressure from the fuel pump. Apparently the was just enough fuel to idle but not to operate the injectors at any speed above that. So you might thing the electric fuel pump was bad..... Huh ? Well after removong pump/fuel senfing unit from the gas tank, I realised the fuel pressure regulator fell of the pump and was laying inside of pump housing. This is a 5" hose with a machined nipple on one end and a spring loaded regulator on the other. I just pressed the nipple end back into the plastic fitting it fell out of at the top of the pump. Then reassembled the pump in the tank. Now i started it with the pressure guage attached to the fuel test port and started the engine. Guess what..... Now i have 22 psi fuel pressure, engine revs well.
I took this watercraft out today and what power and speed !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
its your pressure regulator in your fuel pump, have same problem with mine , no fix, I'm trying to find someone to fix. problem is Polaris no longer makes parts, hence why it was sold to you. Beware used pressure regulator, all on line are broken. hoping someone out there found a fix .. sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts