Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the forum, there is a tremendous amount of great information.

I have a 2000 Polaris SLX that won't charge the battery. I charged the battery fully and have 12.8 volts. When I start it, there is only 12.6 volts. I saw the other post regarding another PWC that said to test in AC volts and anything over .8 was a bad regulator. I tested mine and got .112 volts.

Does anyone have an idea about what else I can test? Is there a way to test the stator to see if it is putting out voltage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, had a minor collision with another PWC and the right rear corner trim piece got broken. This seems to be a discontinued part. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the forum, there is a tremendous amount of great information.

I have a 2000 Polaris SLX that won't charge the battery. I charged the battery fully and have 12.8 volts. When I start it, there is only 12.6 volts. I saw the other post regarding another PWC that said to test in AC volts and anything over .8 was a bad regulator. I tested mine and got .112 volts.

Does anyone have an idea about what else I can test? Is there a way to test the stator to see if it is putting out voltage?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, had a minor collision with another PWC and the right rear corner trim piece got broken. This seems to be a discontinued part. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks
the most probable cause is in your electrics box open it up you will see two fuses little 3.amp glass/ larger 15 amp if the 15 is blown your battery wont charge as this is responsible for the charge system..hope this helps mark.u.k.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts