Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I just bought myself a 2000 Seadoo GTI. I got a really good deal on it. It was a little dirty but I got it all cleaned up and it looks great. Before I brought it home I did the usual start up and run. Checked compression and it was between 145-150 on both cylinders. It fired right up no problem. The fuel gauge works fine and I didnt hear any knocks or anything coming from the motor. Anyways I fired it up today and everything was ok until I pegged it WOT. It seemed like it had a rev limiter. This is my first Seadoo so I am not familiar with these as far as how they run out of the water on the hose etc. I have owned Kawasaki and Polaris ski's so im new to the Seadoo's. The fuel lines have been replaced also cause im sure that will be a question ya'll ask. The gray lines are gone. I have attached a video for you all to hear. Dont mind the quality. Is anyone else hearing what im hearing? To me it seems like the throttle isnt spooling up to full tilit and is acting like it is being limited. You can also see that I dont even get the throttle switch all the way down before the throttle is limited. Anyone have any advice? I was told that Seadoo's have rev limiters. Is that what im hearing and shouldnt worry?:dunno: Thanks so much! Here is the video.

YouTube - 2000 GTI Running

and one other

YouTube - 2000 Seadoo GTI

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No worries now, I sucked it up and took it out to the river today. I figured that if I break down or get stranded I could get back in with a paddle. So I unloaded it off the trailer, fired it up and took off. Got up to 52 mph. No hesitation, very nice and smooth. So I paid $1600 for the ski, trailer and cover. Not to shabby.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
^^ I was going to say, that's a very healthy sounding 720, I saw no issues with the way it ran. Plus don't forget the motor will hit the rev limiter much faster on the trailer since there is no load on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts