Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this WR over the winter and have just started to try and get it going for the Spring.

First ride of Spring, WR was running horribly...bogging down, max speed of about 5 mph.

I have replaced the plugs and changed the fuel filter and it runs OK at low speeds. It caps out at 5000 RPM and will only do about 30 mph.

I checked the compression and I am getting consistent readings in all cylinders.

Any suggestions before I take it to the pros?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeha i work ont hese skis 24/7 hd a ski last week same symptoms would run great on trailer once in water would reach plane of 5000 rpms and die out and only cruise at 16 went first to power valves no fix then went to carbs rebuilt carbs and ran like champ but be care ful not to tank the carbs to long in the acid tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I took it back out and it is performing the same with one new thing I noticed. When running below 5000 RPMs the acceleration is sluggish, but if go WOT from an idle it will accelerate quickly to about 7000 RPMs for a second or two and then drops back down to the 5000 RPM max. Still sound like carbs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts