Personal Water Craft Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Found this one for a bit cheaper with the blue top. I think this is the latest and greatest, cheaper than the 160 regular price.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is this one with a black cap end(not blue but same model YF-CD 12/18) don't know if there is a difference between the 2.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Call Impros. They care refurbished stock impellers I beleave. Not sure what they cost. I wouldn't go with the stock one on ebay. I see grinding marks on it. Not a good sign.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
To me its not worth it, but I'm not paying for it either. But both the stock ones are sold out by that link.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK so I bought the remanufactured from sbt at 98 plus shipping and it's an exchange deal so shipping back also. Wanted the adonis deal at 149 but it's out of stock, got the 50 dollars rebuild kit for the pump and the OEM oil 6oz at 16 dollars, to make it more simple. I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So to seal it all did you 5200 it or did you get the seal kit for 80 bucks? Or what did you use?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
DO NOT USE 5200 for any of this work.
I used the seal kit and a dab of 100% silicone caulk to glue the pieces of the seal kit in place. Then used a bit more to seal the shoe as in the pic posted earlier. Sealing the shoe along the green lines in the pic.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
SO if I were to buy this kit do I still need to use the silicone on the green?
Also once I break the pump housing apart what did you use to seal it back up. I will look in the book too, but your input is important. And when the whole unit goes back on the ski there should be some sealant there right?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Still waiting for parts, but wanted to ask you when I open up the pump housing from the transom piece do I put sealant to reattach or live it be? I read some put some sealant and some don't, easier to retake it apart later. And once it's altogether I don't think there is any more sealant where the impeller side goes through the ring.
What sealant would you recommend.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don't use sealants on any of the pump parts. If we're going to though it would only be a light coat of silicone. But again I dont use anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So there is nothing to worry about as far as leaking through there to affect the impeller and/or pump.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
No issue, if there well cleaned there a machined fit. If there corroded from salt you may want a light coat of silicone.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts