Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 gp1200r and the thing dont almost acts like its slipping then ya turn in the water from side to side and it catches. Can anyone tell me whats wrong is it the impellar are intake grate.

·
Registered
209 Posts
im not sure what your asking,,,, a gpr whether they have plates/grates or not will always walk from side to side at certain speeds usually when coming onto plane ........ is that what your talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
im not sure what your asking,,,, a gpr whether they have plates/grates or not will always walk from side to side at certain speeds usually when coming onto plane ........ is that what your talking about?

I think what he is talking about is when you either take off from a dead stop or Idle or maybe you are crusing at about 15-20 mph and nail it, the engine sounds pretty much right on, but the feel of the bike, it feels like its slipping or not grabbing the water not propeling the bike any where as fast as it should...

Then something will happens, be it you cut the handle bars back and fourth, hit smooth spot on the waer, a different water plane angle, etc.. etc... and it feels like it grabs, then your off and running like a raped Ape....

Last time I was out on mine I thought I was feeling this too, but I could not figure out how to explain very well to my bud that fixes our waverunners...
When I finally get him to see/understand me, we were pretty much done for the day, it was dark and everyone was pulling out...

·
Registered
209 Posts
it's called cavitation. The best way to help prevent it is to seal the pump shoe with a pump plug kit, get an intake grate, or get the 2003 2" extension. All these will help but it will always be noticable just a little

1 - 4 of 4 Posts