Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I all, I have a 2001 Sea-doo GTS. I noticed that the 'PTO' fuel pump attached to the carb was not pumping fuel as it should (a small squirt of fuel when the throttle is initially pushed).

So I read some of the testing procedures and descriptions in the service manual and found that the problem is likely the check valves are seized. So on one side (intake) the check valve partially works. I can see the little spring and ball in this side and it moves, although doesn't completely seal when I suck on the inlet.

The outlet side I can't see anything though the tiny holes and there's no check-valve action at all (i.e. I can blow and suck though the outlet with ease)
I'm the process of boiling the assembly in vinegar which so far is not helping. My question is are there for sure check valves on both these ports? Or am I just wasting my time trying to get them unseized?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Luck...

Well I boiled this assembly in vinegar for about 2 hours today, still no action on the check valve. I'm really not even sure there's a check valve in there but it looks (from the pictures attached) as if there is one. I did a lot of cleaning with carb cleaner and compressed air also. The paint is now completely gone from the outside of the part. So I plan to put it all back together as is and use it with no PTO, which sucks because there's hesitation at take off. I may look into getting two small check valves from a hobby supplier and putting them in the lines to make the pump work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts