Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have a 2001 GTX. The battery was dead so I charged it up at 35 amps and when I tried to start it it click like the battery was bad. I realized I forgot to take the battery charger off before I tried to crank it and now it won't even try to start. Here's the kicker, the 3 amp fuse was blown so I replaced it, and still nothing, I then noticed that without the key plugged up I have complete gauges! I can cycle through all of them and reset them and all of that, but it will not crank, not even if I plug the key in. Did I fry the computer? Is there any way to test it? were can I find a wiring diagram? I thought about putting a new battery in it, but hate to spend the money if thats not the problem. Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Heath

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you say 35 amps???? The max they recommend for this small of a battery is typically 1.5 amps. You may want to invest in one of these cheap 1.5 amp trickle chargers next time. I am not an expert - just another Seadoo owner with an electrical problem of my own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i got gtx di 2001 and i got the same problem mine ble fuse f6 -f7 battery fuse and fuel injection pump every time i put a new one they blew up dous2 if you find a way to fix it hit me up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finding what is blowing the fuse

There is a simple way to find what is blowing the fuses. Start unplugging stuff. Mine is not fuel injected but I would suspect there is a fuel pump somewhere and I would check it out first thing. You can get a wiring schematic on this site and I would find out what color wires the fuel injection pump are and unplug and see if the fuse still pops. If it does you know the source of the problem. I was popping fuses and unplugged everything and found out it was the stator shorted out. Replaced it and no more popping fuses. I am sure one of the more seasoned guys can tell you right where to look. Good luck to you.

i got gtx di 2001 and i got the same problem mine ble fuse f6 -f7 battery fuse and fuel injection pump every time i put a new one they blew up dous2 if you find a way to fix it hit me up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys,
I have a 2001 GTX. The battery was dead so I charged it up at 35 amps and when I tried to start it it click like the battery was bad. I realized I forgot to take the battery charger off before I tried to crank it and now it won't even try to start. Here's the kicker, the 3 amp fuse was blown so I replaced it, and still nothing, I then noticed that without the key plugged up I have complete gauges! I can cycle through all of them and reset them and all of that, but it will not crank, not even if I plug the key in. Did I fry the computer? Is there any way to test it? were can I find a wiring diagram? I thought about putting a new battery in it, but hate to spend the money if thats not the problem. Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Heath

First of all, here is a link to schematics:
Xtreme Powersports' Sea Doo PWC Parts Finder

Secondly, you can view your gauges without the key...just hold the start button in and they activate. It takes almost zero amperage to operate gauges compared to operating the starter...so no surprise there.
Third, I'd say your battery is no good. Have you measured the voltage?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Remember to check your grounds also. If you can load test the battery that is what i would suggest to see if it has any cranking amps left in it, and check your connections. Poor or corroided connections can cause many problems. Use a trickle charger to charge a battery, the battery for the ski's is not really intended to be charged at a hi amperage. You will boil them dry if you do this, causing failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts