Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two Polaris Genesis wave runners and one runs but, has no power maybe 5mph max. One day it was running great then we shut it off and then restarted a little later and no power! The unit has approx. 70 hrs. and has had no problems in the past. I've checked the spark on the three cylinders, all spark good. The throttle opens all the way. I disconnected the exhaust temperature sensor in the exhaust manifold to prevent it from limiting the RPMs, but it revs past 3,500 rpm with no problem. We did find that the pop off valve next to the thermostat was seized closed so I fixed that and confirmed the thermostat is working. Found that the orfice that restrict the water sprayed into the exhaust system was clogged, fixed that. Carbs look clean. We live in the Fl panhandle so they are in salt water all the time, so we flush out the engine every time we come home. I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 99 1200, never had any problems till last year. Finally had a guy look at it and found a hole in the front(1) piston. I figured I would just fix it myself, no big deal. Finally bought a piston kit off E-bay, put it together, ran just fine. Approx. 1hr into it, burned up another piston. SAME ONE, front(1). Still runs and sounds fine, BUT there is no power. So check your compression. Don't know if this helps, but I'm in the same boat with you now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the carburetors apart and found the screen behind the needle valve seat was plugged with something. I don't understand where the stuff came from. Last fall I didn't change the gas and they sat for 2 months with gas, maybe the old gas caused some residue! My other one was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Genesis no power

I had the same problem that was fixed very easily by replacing a small blown fuse behind the instument panel. A mechanic explained that the fuse just got tired.????? Anyway that was the easiest fix we'veever had. I originally drained the ethenol gas, and swithched to no ethanol gas to solve the no power problem, but now we use any type gas. Hope this fixes your no power problem. Thanks, Dan (Haydude)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts